Conquer Voir Dire and Opening for once and for all!
Perhaps you’ve considered attending one of our live events like Power of Presence or our Voir Dire or Opening Studios, but the scheduling didn’t work out. Now you can get Sari’s sought-after trial technique without ever having to leave your home or office!
Over six weeks, Sari will take you through her groundbreaking voir dire structure and opening techniques. You’ll get to hear Sari deliver her best trial material in a 90-minute class each week. In addition, you’ll have access to an online forum where you can ask questions about your specific case, and get feedback from Sari and other attorneys who are participating in the class. Best of all, you get to KEEP all six webinars to reference for future cases!
“If you want to take your skill as a trial lawyer to the next level, Sari is the person to take you there, and beyond. Working with Sari is sort of like therapy for trial lawyers, but it’s your skill as a communicator that’s on the couch.”
–Robert Beatty-Walters, Medical Malpractice Attorney
Is this class right for you?
Well, let us ask you a few questions:
- Do you understand the juror mindset and how to increase receptivity at trial?
- Do you know the #1 thing jurors want and need at trial and how to provide it?
- Did you know that voir dire is –not– about choosing a jury?
- Do you know how to tell the story of your case in voir dire without getting in trouble with the judge?
- Do you know how to encourage participation and group discussion?
- Do you know how to deal with defense arguments that may hurt your case in voir dire?
- Are you familiar with the elements of a story and how to distill them from your case?
- Do you know how to avoid the three most common delivery mistakes in opening statement?
- Are you a good storyteller?
- Can you teach the jury about your case while remaining neutral?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, this class is for you!
“Good coaches can make any trial lawyer, no matter how accomplished, better. One hour with Sari has made me better. She will make you better too.”
-Roger Dodd, Author, Cross-Examination
This is an INCREDIBLE opportunity to sharpen your trial skills.
Voir dire and opening is where first impressions are made, where trial themes are brought forward, and where the tone for the entire trial is set. Why leave it up to chance? Be purposeful in your communication and take your practice to the next level.
You’ll leave the class with a structure for voir dire and a method for organizing opening statements that you can replicate for future trials. We’ve set it up so you get the structure in the class, feedback in the forum, and a chance to practice at our upcoming live events. (See below.)
Do I need to have a trial to participate?
No! That’s the best part. If you have a trial coming up, great! You can get case-specific feedback on the forum. But you don’t need a trial to participate. In six weeks you’ll learn Sari’s voir dire and opening trial techniques illustrated through test cases, which you can apply down the road as trials come up.
“Sari has made me a better speaker both in and out of the courtroom. Her concepts are actually quite simple; the real benefit comes from working with her to apply the concepts. Improvement doesn’t happen overnight; it definitely takes work. And boy, does Sari make you work for it. But if you’re willing to put in the time, you will be a better attorney in the end.”
–Tom D’Amore, Tom D’Amore Law Group
Interested? Here is an overview of what the classes will cover:
Class 1: Purpose of Voir Dire
- The true purpose of voir dire (you might be surprised!)
- Understanding the juror mindset
- Changing juror’s preconceived notions about attorneys
- Sari’s five steps for building rapport with a jury
- The #1 skill for voir dire and opening statement
Class 2: Prepping for Voir Dire
- Developing a juror profile by identifying mindsets and beliefs
- How to tell the story of your case in voir dire (without getting in trouble with the judge)
- Sari’s structure for developing voir dire questions
- Which questions to avoid at all costs
- How to time questions for maximum impact
Class 3: Conducting Voir Dire
- Sari’s method for asking questions, following up and engaging the group
- How to approach voir dire with curiosity
- Essential body language techniques for conveying openness and encouraging participation
- Creating a safe place for jurors to speak
- Mastering the art of conversation
Class 4: Purpose of Opening
- Why opening statement is difficult (for both you and the jury)
- Three common mistakes to avoid in opening
- Sari’s process for distilling your message to its underlying themes
- Crafting an outline to organize your opening statement
- Setting yourself up as a credible teacher
Class 5: Prepping for Opening
- Exploring the lost art of storytelling
- Sari’s system for discovering the components of your story
- Using language that conveys expertise
- How to frame defense arguments in your favor
- Understanding the three components of effective communication
Class 6: Delivering Opening
- The importance and danger of passion
- Sari’s key practices for communicating your courtroom presence
- What and how to memorize
- Essential body language techniques for conveying credibility and holding attention
- Techniques for increasing retention and receptivity
Here are the specifics:
- The online course lasts for six weeks: one 90-minute live webinar every week for 6 weeks.
- Every webinar will be recorded for later reference, so if you can’t make a class, you can watch later.
- Class size is limited. Register now to get a seat.
- Cost is $995 for the entire course.
- Six LIVE 90-minute webinars with trial consultant Sari de la Motte that you get to keep!
- Handouts to help guide your learning and for later reference.
- Videos demonstrating techniques discussed on the webinar.
- Membership in an online forum where you can share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback.
- $500 credit towards VOIR DIRE STUDIO, in Portland, Oregon. You’ll have a chance to review the content learned in the online course, delve more deeply into listening and presentation skills, and get some live coaching.
All webinars will be held on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. PST, on the following dates:
- January 20
- January 27
- February 3
- February 10
- February 17
- February 24
Enroll NOW to secure your spot in our new web-based course Online Trial College. You’ll learn practical trial skills to help you communicate to your jury in a way that is clear, concise and compelling. Sari will challenge your preconceived notions about trial technique, inspire you to stretch your boundaries, and help you conquer voir dire and opening, once and for all.
“Working with her [Sari] proved to be both daunting and enlightening. She is insightful and blunt and I reaped great rewards.”
-David T. McDonald, Criminal Defense Attorney
Change your communication, change your life.
*Refund policy: 80% refund available if registration cancelled 21 days before the start of class. 50% if cancelled within 21 days. No refunds given after first class begins.